Saturday 4 October 2008

Absinthe Films get into gaming

Absinthe Films are about to release their first venture into the video games market with Stoked for Xbox 360.












Some of you will know I used to have a website called Stoked On Snowboarding where I reviewed snowboard movies and snowboarding video games. It had a logo suspiciously similar to Coca Cola's but with a snowboarder on it (Stoked ... Coke ... geddit?) until they threatened me with a big ass law suit. Did you know they have copyrighted that wavy line you see on coke cans?

Some of you may also have heard that my current day job is sticking up banner ads and mini-sites up on Xbox LIVE (which is free by the way to anyone with an Xbox 360 and a net connection if you wanna see my work! - You only have to pay if you wanna play against friends online). So imagine my surprise when this particular gem fell into my mailbox!

Top notch snowboard movie makers Absinthe Films have made their first foray into video gaming by co-developing a new snowboarding game for Xbox 360 with Destineer and Bongfish.

It's called Stoked but hey I'm flattered cos it will feature two of my all-time favourite pro riders Bjorn Leines and Travis Rice!


It's definitely not Bjorn's first time as a video game character as I've played as that dude many many times on the old Xbox.





















The game include 5 mountains, dynamic weather systems and sponsorship from respected snowboard companies. Other riders named are Nicholas Muller, Wolle Nyvelt, Gigi Ruf, Romain De Marchi, Annie Boulanger and Tadashi Fuse.

I guess what Absinthe will bring to the table (besides their name, contacts and well earned respect) is their unique style and creative approach which has always been a big part of their film making. I'm anticipating a great soundtrack and some awesome graphics.

The game is out in November and when you can download the demo on Xbox LIVE, I'll shout it out.

No comments: